How do you stop your Creepy from getting stuck at stairs?

Sep 23, 2009
I just hooked up my new creepy and have noticed a couple things. One of them is that it keeps getting hung up at my stairs in the shallow end. Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and came up with any ingenious preventative measures...?

I got rid of mine and got a Pool Cleaner :shock: That was my solution!

That is a problem with Kreepy. He likes to find a spot to get comfy in and spend the day there. Great cleaners when they are moving; not so much when they find their "happy place" and take a nap!

There may be a "back up valve" available. That would help him back up and head off in another direction....

simicrintz said:
There may be a "back up valve" available. That would help him back up and head off in another direction....
It comes with (and I'm using) a valve that prevents it from getting suctioned to an area, but it wouldn't (and doesn't) help it get out of an area that it's just hung up on.

It really is a great cleaner, but it has to keep moving. Certain pools, as it looks like you are experiencing, do have "favorite spots" that they like to hang out in.

Sounds like you have everything they offer to keep it moving :cry: How long have you had it?

Just got it today. My previous home had a pool with a Creepy as well, and it liked to get hung up on the deep end's ladder. An inherent problem with them, I guess. I suppose no harm is done even if it does sit in one spot all day long. No big deal.

I'm just wondering if they would let you "trade" it for a different one, if that is what you wanted to do. After only one day, it should still be in pretty good shape :-D

Try adjusting the rear jet it has not to be straight, it has to be "lightly" directed on the right or left (mine prefers the left, I don't know why).

I had the same problem and this was the solution, mine works perfectly now while i had the same issue at the beginning.

I've also set the jet "lightly" to the top (upper left corner), just a little bit not too much.

ganselmi said:
Try adjusting the rear jet it has not to be straight, it has to be "lightly" directed on the right or left (mine prefers the left, I don't know why).

I had the same problem and this was the solution, mine works perfectly now while i had the same issue at the beginning.

I've also set the jet "lightly" to the top (upper left corner), just a little bit not too much.

The rear jet?? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For anyone who comes across this thread in a search for an answer ... The problem was solved by removing a single length of hose. The creepy still reaches everywhere in the pool, the hose just doesn't get tied up in the stair cut-out anymore, so it doesn't get stuck. So if you're having a similar problem, just add/remove hose as necessary and maybe that'll fix it for ya.

Reactions: paddy0furniture
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.