Ornery cloudy water

evalm2010 said:
My question is should I wait for the FC to go down below shock level before I test and balance the PH and TA? Or can i do it now?
Wait to adjust the PH till the FC is below 10, it may not even need adjusting. Your TA is fine.

evalm2010 said:
When do I do the overnight FC loss test?
Tonight/tomorrow morning:
Overnight FC Loss Test

evalm2010 said:
The discouraging part is that i haven't seen a change in the cloudiness of the water. :( Do you think it's because of my high CH (630)?
I doubt it. You've only been properly testing/shocking since Monday. It can take up to a week for a sand filter to clear up a pool after the FC finally holds. So have some POP. Once your FC is holding, you should see visible improvement each day. IF you don't we can troubleshoot other issues, but for now, keep it at shock, test in the morning and see where you are at.

I am with you Evalm ...Im on day 4..... I have about 10 gallons left sitting waiting to go I started out with about 30 gallons... had a reduction in FC last night... my CC pretty much all week has been at .5 I just keep staying above shock level and scrubbing the bottom and sides of the pool... even been running the automatic vacuum....sure hope I can swim soon... but tonight the water in the deep end is a bit better.. could see a small patch of leaves... so got those out asap... will stir before bed and take readings...

Hi Scott. I'll bet you felt weird buying 30 gallons of bleach. I have about 10 left too. I don't know how i'll dispose all these empty jugs. Sounds like your water is at least getting better. That's wonderful. Mine hasn't changed at all. The good news is that the CC went down to .5 again, the bad news is I'll be gone for two days. The question now is should I go back to pucks for the days I'll be gone or should i over compensate with the bleach shocking? Like if my shock level is 10 and I know I lose about 4 ppm per day can i shock to 18 and just hope for the best? Goodluck, I hope you can swim soon.

Hi Frustratedpoolmom, the area is well lit but I'd say from 11am to 3pm direct sunlight will hit the skylights thus the pool. Ventilation is not good though. I can only open one door at the moment. I've been losing about 2-3 ppm during the day. The good news is that I passed the overnight FC loss test this morning with CC still at .5. The filter is running 24/7. My FC was 16 last night and 15 this morning. I'm afraid that the CC might go back up if the FC goes down below 10 while I am gone. What do you think? Pucks? Or add bleach up to 18 or so?

Thanks Scott.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.