Finally got started!!

tmm

Jul 28, 2007
Mississippi Gulf Coast
We signed in June and they have started!! So far the PB has been very nice and easy to work with. Its going to be a 18'X41' pool, mountain pond shape, 3' to 8'.
DCP_1150.jpg

DCP_1160.jpg
DCP_1163.jpg
DCP_1165.jpg

We hit water at 6' and had to well point :cry:

You know things are going so fast....they started last Thursday and they already have the hole dug, walls up, lights in, stairs in, cement around wall and backfilled, and part of the plumbing done!!!! Because of water they also had to well point and then the slope was so soft they had to haul in rocks for the deep end to stablize the dirt.
I dont have anything in the strawberry pots althought my intentions were good.....I just never got there :oops: Tagprod, you are right only this "Christmas" its All About Me... :-D thanks for the warm welcome all....Tina

Hey... I got two of those things that dig in the mud as well, what a mess they are. Construction is much different down there with the soft dirt and high water table. Must have taken this quite a bit of time just to excavate. good luck with the rest of the build.

Update!! We are now filling with water...part way anyway. They will be back tomorrow and fill the rest of the way after they cut out for lights and all. Now we wait till the electrician gets here. It has only been 5 actual working days for these guys and they have been rocking!!!! Tina
DCP_1168.jpg

DCP_1171.jpg

DCP_1173.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks :-D ...Andiejj, we built the log home ourselves and absolutely love it!
Ktdave, the liner was the hardest thing to pick out, didnt want to make a mistake with that.
AnnaK, I sure hope the dogs dont get in, I worry about their nails and the liner. Maybe they will stay
on the stairs :roll: probably not though. Tina

Not to worry about dog nails and the liner! Just show them how to get out of the pool. You may have to guide them twice to the steps, after that, they'll know, and they will not claw on the sides.

We have a visiting dog who WALKS while pounding the water with his front paws and still there's no damage to the liner on the bottom.

Anna

Cool..I had heard that but I was still worried about it. It makes sense to show them the stairs, just in case they "fall" in or jump in they will know how to get out. Do you worry about the hair in the skimmer and clogs? They have one heck of an undercoat! Tina

Hi Tina,

Just "in case" they jump in???? Jumping in is how Pax thinks you GET in.

If you've ever taken a dog to the lake and tossed in a stick and then walked down the beach a little ways you will have noticed that the dog will come back out of the lake pretty much the same place he want in, then come running down shore to meet up with you. Dogs tend to get out at the same place they got in. If you have jumpers you definitely need to show them the exit.

All our dogs are GSDs with undercoats. There is no problem with the hair. My pump normally runs at night but I turn it on when the dogs are in the pool. I scoop the hair out of the skimmer after a swim session and check it again after an hour. The hair will be densely packed in the skimmer (another reason I like skimmer socks) and will look like boiled wool or felt. Just peel it off he sock or the skimmer and discard.

One real benefit of dog hair in the skimmer basket is that it lets water through but catches a whole lot of fine debris and bugs which might otherwise get into the pump pot.

I installed a PoolSkim about mid-season and am very impressed with its performance. It catches far more dog hair than the skimmer ever did in a much shorter time.

You will find, the next day, a clump of dog hair on the bottom mof the pool, about the size of a small puppy. That's the hair that was suspended in the water, rather than floating on top, got waterlogged, and sank. Scoop it out with your net.

On a tool hook on my deck I keep a small bucket with a lid. Into this I empty the skimmer sock, the PoolSkim, and whatever I scoop off the bottom. I add a glug of bleach to it to keep it from turning green and dump it in the trash when it's full.

Anna

AnnaK said:
On a tool hook on my deck I keep a small bucket with a lid. Into this I empty the skimmer sock, the PoolSkim, and whatever I scoop off the bottom. I add a glug of bleach to it to keep it from turning green and dump it in the trash when it's full.

Anna

Pray tell, Anna..just how much is a "glug"?? :-D I read this and couldn't help but smile...sounds like something we'd say down here in the south. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.