Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another dumb Pool Calculator question

1. Back To Top    #1

Another dumb Pool Calculator question

How does water temperature factor in to water testing? It isnt mentioned in my DPD test instructions, didnt catch the guy at Leslies checking the temp when they did a test for me.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another dumb Pool Calculator question

The water temp changes the CSI (calcite saturation index), which shows the likelihood for corrosion or scaling of the pool surfaces and equipment. Others here could explain the CSI better than me, but that's it in a nutshell.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

3. Back To Top    #3

Plausible temperatures don't have very much effect. If the water is below 70 degrees, you should allow it to warm to room temperature before testing the CYA level. You should always test the FC, CC and PH shortly after getting the water sample while it is still at whatever temperature it started at. With very cold water you will need to mix the TA and CH tests more between drops, or risk missing a slightly delayed color change.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Whoops, must have misunderstood.. I thought the OP was referring to why the Pool Calculator has a place for temp, hence the title of the thread.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

5. Back To Top    #5

I definitely got the answer, and a bit more valuable info as well!