Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What should I have to start the BBB??

1. Back To Top    #1

What should I have to start the BBB??

O I have spent the past two weeks devouring everything I can in preparation of my family getting a pool! We have decided on a Intex 15x48 metal frame pool.

We had the inflatable ring pool a few years ago, and I used the basic normal pool chemicals, and while I kept the water looking good, I was happy to see a more "natural" way of maintaining the water with BBB.

We are putting the pool up on Friday, and should start to fill Saturday morning. I am curious as to how much of the items I should have on hand to start with? Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
    Intex 15x48 Metal Frame Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What should I have to start the BBB??

I'd say a good test kit, bleach and CYA(Stabilizer).

Use your test kit to check your tap water to get an idea of what else you might need. That might indicate that you need muriatic acid, soda ash, borax or baking soda.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Totally agree with JohnT. You need a good test kit (Taylor K-2006 or TFTestKits.net TF-100), bleach and you'll need some CYA to get you started. Everything else is going to depend on your fill water, you might not need anything else.
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, I am ordering the test kit tomorrow, so I will test when it gets here and see what else I need!
    Intex 15x48 Metal Frame Pool