Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A big thanks!

1. Back To Top    #1

A big thanks!

[attachment=1:1vharasn]May 2 Opening.jpg[/attachment:1vharasn]As you can see from the first picture I opened to a "green MN swamp." All I wanted was a clear pool for our daughter's high school graduation party last Sunday night.

Following the advice on your site and a TFT kit we got it done.

Having your words of wisdom and a TFT kit I literally feel like I finally have a "rudder" to help sail the waters of owning a pool.

Many thanks!

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5 year old 40k L shaped vinyl Salt-Water with 40k T-15 cell, Pentair TR -100 450# filter, zeobrite media, 4 returns, 3 skimmers, 1 1/2 - 1/3 HP pump Whisper Flo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A big thanks!

Well done!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Great job.

Only a teenager would jump into a swamp like that!! YUCK!!!
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

It took someone very brave to jump into that green pool. The second picture looks great! You stuck with it and cleaned up a huge mess, good going! Looks like the party was a big sucess! Kimrst
    5 years 18' Intex Frame pool, July 2009 upgrade, 28ft rnd used Doughboy, 1hs Hayward Power Flow pump, Doughboy DE filter.TF test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Ick! I bet it was freezing cold too!

I think you should take her to a shrink!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a feeling the dog was watching her like, "Really?!? Even I know better than to jump in the pool now!"
    ~30K Gallon Vinyl IG, Triton II 24" 225# Sand Filter, Leslie HydraMax (Hayward Super II) pump
    Broken Hayward CL-200 Chlorohater, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok, my first reaction was ...ewwwwwwwwww!

Then I thought...have I ever swam in a lake? pond? etc? No difference IMO...

But then again, I don't do that much anymore...

BEautiful job!!!
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Just curious as I am finally getting a real start on this process as I just got my new test kit in the mail today, but how long did it take you to go from picture 1 to picture 2? Your post definitely makes me feel much better about getting mine done. I sure wish I would have found this site months ago, so I could have been prepared and started the process when it first got ready to be warm enough to swim.

And definitely, awesome job!!! Looks amazing!!!
    17100 gallon 27' Round 4' Deep Above Ground Pool
    Hayward Cartridge Filter 1 HP pump 50 GPM flow rate

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by silver02gt
    Just curious as I am finally getting a real start on this process as I just got my new test kit in the mail today, but how long did it take you to go from picture 1 to picture 2?
    Silver02qt

From opening to being able to see down near the deep end was 2 weeks. But, I didn't get my test kit until May 22 so I was somewhat hampered in my approach. I simply added a low shock level of bleach. Once my kit arrived, I reached the appropriate shock level and kept it there until a "chlorine loss" test let me know I was at the right level. It took another week for it to clear.

Even after it cleared I was really surprised at how much more clearing took place with just a good chlorine level. I have done very little to it since early June. I have only backwashed it once.

Also, we had about 40 kids swimming in it for about 5 hours on Sunday night and my FC was 6.5 and my CC was .5 on Monday morning and the pool has remained clear.

So just keep at it. I have learned that pool patience will be rewarded and that impatience makes you spend money on products that really aren't needed. Hang in there. It does work.
    5 year old 40k L shaped vinyl Salt-Water with 40k T-15 cell, Pentair TR -100 450# filter, zeobrite media, 4 returns, 3 skimmers, 1 1/2 - 1/3 HP pump Whisper Flo

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the support!!
    17100 gallon 27' Round 4' Deep Above Ground Pool
    Hayward Cartridge Filter 1 HP pump 50 GPM flow rate

11. Back To Top    #11

Strong work!

12. Back To Top    #12

You guys are funny! Look closely at the first picture: the pool is so green she cannot even penetrate the surface!! She didn't get in the pool at all, and is striking a pose to look like she was able to get through all of that stuff!!

Great job on the clean up (and I hope she really did clean up okay! Brave girl!)

13. Back To Top    #13

Proof.

Little brother, too. Pool temp. 53 (Rite of Spring)

Dog "yelling" - "You idiots!"

As for the sanity of the daughter: She just went through In Processing and a Swearing In Ceremony at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. (A future leader?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Back To Top    #14

Brave (?) kids! Oh to be young again.....

Congrats to your daughter!!!! That is very impressive, and you surely are proud of her, I'm sure

15. Back To Top    #15

Congratulations to your daughter. She's in for a very busy year.
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjb8685
    (A future leader?)
    Absolutely! Save this photo. It will go perfectly with a tagline like, "Vote for a leader who's not afraid to jump into any situation with both feet!"
    ~30K Gallon Vinyl IG, Triton II 24" 225# Sand Filter, Leslie HydraMax (Hayward Super II) pump
    Broken Hayward CL-200 Chlorohater, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit