Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I guess I need a new pool, suggestions.

1. Back To Top    #1

I guess I need a new pool, suggestions.

I'm trying to attach a pic, but not sure how. Lets see if this works.

The pool was almost 20 years old, so we new it was time, we were really wanting to wait until next year. Of course, this is the hottest summer in a long time.

Anybody have suggestions on what type of pool, or where to purchase? Or if pools tend to go on sale in the spring or fall?
    [attachment=0:3pzuf04c]DSC00778.JPG[/attachment:3pzuf04c]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I guess I need a new pool, suggestions.

Most online stores are always having package deals all year round. I haven't noticed any "clearance sales" at all. Do your research because cheaper is not always the way to go. You are going to get what you pay for and with a pool you should really choose quality over price. As far as an AGP, the doughboy cannot be beat on quality. Lomart is a good brand too. Both come with an outstanding warranty. Go back on the AGP Index a few days. Last week a thread was started about the oldest AGP still in operation. It got a good bit of feed back. Check it out and send a message to those owners. I am on my seconed season and I have a Delair model. Good sturdy pool, but you should speak to owners that have had theirs longer.

P.S. Is that a doll in the pool? I hope it's not your little one cause she don't look happy.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL, that's my little one, she is actually having a blast. See:[attachment=1:2q5kdu8w]DSC00765.JPG[/attachment:2q5kdu8w]

[attachment=0:2q5kdu8w]DSC00776.JPG[/attachment:2q5kdu8w]
    I just read that thread about how long the pools could last. This one was at least 20 years old, on it's original liner, and I think it's made of steel. Not bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

Funny how they see the humor in these situations. She is adorable.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm sorry for your loss. Hard to beat a 20 year average I think. Sounds like you already had a good brand. You might look into the Cornelius pools as well.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the swim has the 6 month payment option that is good!
    32,000 Gallon in ground Vinyl Pool True Ell
    Intelliflo VS+SVRS Pump, Quad DE80 Filter, Intellichlor IC60, Intellibrite Lights, Intellitouch Control

7. Back To Top    #7

There are really only a few manufacturers out there and they are then "rebranded" for different retailers. Doughboy, Esther Williams, Lomart stay with their own brands and just have models, Wilbar makes many brands, including Sharkline, Seaspray, and others.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!