Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BelLa's Pond - Greetings from newbie in Phoenix

1. Back To Top    #1

BelLa's Pond - Greetings from newbie in Phoenix

Hi everyone,
    though I am just now introducing myself, I have been scouring all the information here since the beginning of the year and have been a member for a few months.
    I had the luck to buy a foreclosed home (first time homebuyer) in Nov. '09 and inherited a beat up pool dating back to 1973. I have never owned or maintained a pool although I have family here that do. Needless to say, my pool has some unique problems and I needed some very affordable solutions.
    After Googling the heck out of the net, I came upon this website, and boy has it been a revelation!
    My initial search was regarding repair of fiberglass lined pools, and nowhere did I find any reliable trustworthy information but here. I have gone through many trials and tribulations in the last 6 months and would like to share my experiences and pick the brains of you all.
    Currently, I am enjoying a crystal clear pool and swimming every day with no major problems.........., but I have many..............many questions.
    Looking forward to being here!
    10k fiberglass lined IG (over ???), pool dates to 1973, Pentair 1hp superflo pump, Hayward 36SqFt DE filter, Hayward 2025 Ultra Vac, BBB disciple

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BelLa's Pond - Greetings from newbie in Phoenix

Welcome to TFP (although I guess you've been here a while and just been quiet)

I feel the same way you do. I was having all kinds of problems with cloudy water a couple of years ago and the articles and posts on here were the only thing that finally solved my problems. I've finally gotten to where I feel comfortable answering some questions, but I'm learning way more than I'm giving still.

Ask your questions, that's how we all learn.
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. As you've no doubt learned, people here are willing to answer almost any question you may have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to you both for the nice welcome. This site really does inspire me to step up and take care of my pool the right way, instead of wasting money on bells, whistles and unnecessary chemicals.
    So my first questions will be posted in pool chemistry as soon as I take a reading with my TF Test kit.
    Thanks again!
    10k fiberglass lined IG (over ???), pool dates to 1973, Pentair 1hp superflo pump, Hayward 36SqFt DE filter, Hayward 2025 Ultra Vac, BBB disciple

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com