Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what size SWG for AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Huntington, WV

what size SWG for AGP

I currently have a 24' AGP and was wanting to convert to SWG. This is my first year for the pool and was really liking the idea of a SWG. I was looking at the Intex line. What size or model should I be looking at for a low-cost SWG?
    24' AGP
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump
    Hayward Pro Series S180T 150lb sand filter
    Intex 54601EG Krystal Clear SWG
    Diver Dave pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: what size SWG for AGP

The older (2009) unit does not have the copper unit on it - I would suggest you try to find that model and stay away from the new one with copper. you do not want to put copper in your pool. All of the Intex units have the same output capacity
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: what size SWG for AGP

Jeff...welcome to TFP...check this thread

If you scroll to the bottom...Jason has a link to the one I run and is the 2009 model sold by 7th ave electronics on They are no frills, but they work and for $150 and some fittings from really can't beat it. Just search Intex SWG in the google search on the bottom left of the TFP page for other threads on it.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator