Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: timer box wiring for pentair ch 250 milivolt

1. Back To Top    #1

timer box wiring for pentair ch 250 milivolt

I am attempting to switch an old heater with a pentair ch250 natural gas milivolt. The qustion I have I followed the wire from my old heater to my automatic timer box. The gas valve and temperature setting knob are tied split together leading to the timer box. I do not know where to attach the wire from the timer to the pentair heater . I am thinking it would tie into the orange wire going to the gas valve Any help would be appeciated

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: timer box wiring for pentair ch 250 milivolt

Davemonk, welcome to TFP!
    I have no idea how to help you, so...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

The wire from the timer is probably a fireman's switch. there should be a labeled wire on the heater where to splice into. You'll have to look around . Check the manual for possible splice location.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

The manual is here, look for the remote switch connection indicated on the wiring diagrams for the various models.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School