Replacing the filter hose

This is my first year with a pool so I'm learning everything and please bear with any "stupid" questions. Bought the house in February and was told the liner in the pool needed to be replaced and I hired a local company to do that and get it set up. Shortly after I noticed a small amount of water leaking from the return filter hose. I called them to see if it was a defective hose and they said they used the old hoses I had in my storage building and I probably needed to replace it. Well, I've put that off because I don't know exactly how to do it without losing a ton of water. So.... it's split more now and I have to replace it so any tips?

I know I'll need to plug the return and skimmer while I'm doing this but what about the water in the filter? Will it just come rushing out as soon as I take the hose off??

Again, please just laugh in private if this sounds like a really stupid question to the experienced pool owner :oops:

You are almost right. Some of the water in the filter will come out but there's only a small amount so it's not going to flood the area. In fact almost none will come out of the filter, most of it will be from the lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.