New to BBB... Considering SWG on 11K Pool

brrit

Jun 14, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'm so thankful that I found this forum and the results of using the BBB Method on my pool are pretty amazing.

On the negative side though, I'm already tiring of buying and dumping bleach all the time and I'm wondering about installing a SWG for the pool to achieve the same results a little more simply.

How much money would I be looking at to get a SWG going on my 11K pool? It gets a ton of sun throughout the day and runs pretty warm as a result. I have for kids and their friends in the pool several hours each day. So, our pool is not what you might call light usuage. :shock:

Can you help me figure out if I can afford to make the switch? Also, I'm assuming once the SWG is set-up, the cost of using the system if pretty low, right? :cheers:

Thanks!

For a pool as low volume as 11K. You can go as low cost as the Intex models ($170) or as high end as you want. It just depends on the bells and whistles you want. A few hundred lbs. of salt and you are on your way. I like the Aqua Rite system with T15 cell for up to 40K. Gallons. A bigger rated cell will need to run less for a smaller pool, saving on cell life

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.