Should I use my Sani King Perform Max? Liquidator?

Mar 9, 2009
Midwest
Okay, so I am still barely getting the hang of it, but I'm doing BBB.

I'm to the point where I want a little more help, so a liquidator sounds good. I would go for the bigger one and do that tubing upgrade and apparently it's like $200 plus a few hours of install time by an average semi-handy guy? However...

My pool already has a Sani King Perform Max 940 In-Line installed. It's been there since I moved in and I have never touched it. I believe the previous owners said they would stick chlorine tablets in there.

Should I use the Sani King at all? Stick tablets in or granules? I know that the other forms of chlorine including Tri Chlor all give you too high CYA. I don't even know what to do, just unscrew and add the chlorine I guess?

I saw one site selling this Sani King for only $80 so maybe I should just forget about having it? And go ahead with liquidator plans. It's hard on me hauling the liquid bleach though, powder/tabs would be nicer... I guess I could do a little of the powder/tabs as my baseline chlorine and CYA?

I guess I'm wondering if there's a way we could DIY rig the Sani King to become more like a Liquidator or otherwise make it useful. I'm kind of clueless but trying...

Thank you.

The Sani-King is a tablet feeder. If you want to use it you are certainly within your rights to. Since you're on here you already understand the implications of using Trichlor and it raising your CYA. If you're willing to drain and refill when your CYA gets too high then go for it.

I don't know of anyway to modify a tablet feeder to feed liquid chlorine.

You're right about the Liquidator running about $200 time you do the upgrade. And you still have to haul liquid chlorine to it albeit only once avery few weeks. I just go to the store, load the bleach against the tailgate of the truck, back close to the LQ location and pour the 8 gallons of bleach into the LQ. I have to refill about every three weeks.

But all in all, the choice is yours.

The Liquidator should take you less than 1/2 and hour to install, if you go that route. A peristaltic pump or a SWCG will take a little longer. All three are worth considering, and will make life easier :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.