Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: preparing for a new laguna spool

1. Back To Top    #1

preparing for a new laguna spool

Hi, new to the site but been reading alot, a wealth of info in here. I am planning to build a pool, but i think I would be more inclined to build a spool, I have attached a paintshop mockup. (the best I could do). My guess is this is about 6500 gallons. Is that too big for a spool? Any advice on a builder, equipment, (my Design) etc. is appreciated. Can I use/should I use a heat pump? n Gas and electric are available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Austin, TX

Re: preparing for a new laguna spool

When you say spool, do you mean spa-pool? Nice drawing, better then I could do with Paintshop, what are the white lines?
    10K IG, Gunite with Wet Edge "Midnight Ocean" pebble surface, with spa, tanning shelf, and fountain. Pentair Intellibrite LED pool and spa lights. Rola-Chem chlorine pump (and tank), Pentair DE "Quad 80" cartridge filter, 400K BTU gas heater, VF Whisperflo, and Legend Pressure Side Cleaner with Pentair booster pump. Using TFTestKit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes spa-pool combination or all in one. The White lines are water jets. This is in Houston by the way.

4. Back To Top    #4

North Central Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenb
    Yes spa-pool combination or all in one. The White lines are water jets. This is in Houston by the way.
    Welcome to TFP. Beautiful design.

I really can't assist in any way other than to say that my Vet has a spool and loves it. At least you won't need much to heat it during the summer (if you choose to use it as a spa). My 25K pool, w 10ft deep end, pump running 21/7 just hit 90 F yesterday. I lose about 3 F at night with no cover, wind for some cooling, and we are still going down into high 70's at night. (Being in Houston you know this but for others, in a few weeks we will be lucky if the temps go below 90 at night.)

My only concern would be getting it cool enough in the summer to use as a pool. 90 F is really nice for us sissies but anything above that is getting a little warm for mid-summer cooling off.

1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine