Using stabilized pucks with BBB (to make life easier)

Kes said:
Ah! I've just found a poolstore water analysis from 2002 (15 years after liner change and water fill).
CYA 100

From what I understand all CYA test max out at 100 even at the pool store (if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct :)

So being at 100 means it could be 100 or 300.

You have to dilute the sample with distilled water then double/triple the result (depending how much you're diluting) to get a true reading.

Rarely am I even in the pool for 10 minutes ... it's usually a quick cool-off, a couple laps, and hop back out to continue on with what I was doing. Unless of course, it's a lay-by-the-pool, drink beer, and accomplish-nothing type of day ... which doesn't happen often. I usually do all my grass cutting and yard work in my swim shorts, so then I can just jump in when I get hot. I don't bother with the shower before/after thing.

I wonder how many people have CYA levels regularly up in the triple digit ranges? I'm betting there are more than we could guess, especially with the Big Box stores stocking shelves top to bottom with pucks and dichlor powders labelled "Shock" and people being told they only need to put some "shock" in their pools whenever it looks or smells funny.

Once I get my CYA in the range I want each year, it's all set it and forget it. of course, I have found the addition of the chlorine generator to be the best thing since sliced bread around here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.