Kitty Litter Camoflage

New2Me

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
SW Indiana
When you have these -[attachment=2:2du78jsz]s6090079.JPG[/attachment:2du78jsz]
you know that they need a place to "go" that is accessible. We took a door off of a closet and put a couple of boxes in it, but then we couldn't use the closet for anything BUT the boxes. So coats got strewn about.
A new STACKABLE washer and dryer freed up some floor space for the boxes, but rather then just sitting them on the floor, we hid them. Put the door back on the closet, and after a good cleaning, coats now have a place to hang out.
Here's how we hid the litter inside of a 30" three drawer base cabinet. The dryer vent required that the base cabinet be ~5 inches out from the wall, and there is that much space between it and the washer, so a cut-out at the back provides kitty access to the inside, where the bottom has been removed from the middle drawer, and the fronts connected to the bottom drawer. a rubbermaid storage box sits in the bottom drawer, with an 8 mil plastic vapor barrier side "curtain" keeping litter, and other things, in the box. Filled it with clumping litter, and they took right to it! Mounted a hook inside the drawer to hold the scoop, you can see the top of it in the pic.[attachment=1:2du78jsz]s6090076.JPG[/attachment:2du78jsz]
Now they can do their "business" out of sight, and I can use the closet for coats and other storage.

Attachments

• s6090079.JPG
    s6090079.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 115
  • s6090076.JPG
    s6090076.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 112
  • s6090078.JPG
    s6090078.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 112
I think that is pretty cool!
Thanks!, 257WbyMag!
I didn't want cats myself, but then the wife and boy brought home these three little fur balls 9 years ago...
I've always thought litter boxes look disgusting, and they end up with litter on the floor all around them, too. Sometimes the male -[attachment=0:2jd5qgu9]s6100086.JPG[/attachment:2jd5qgu9]
would "pit outside the box" and, as "pit crew chief" I ended up chasing the loose 'tools on the floor. Now he can spray the walls, or back into the corner, and it still ends up in the box/drawer.
If I thought that they would use it, I'd put a "paw wash" pit in the walkway so they'd stop tracking litter through the house!

Attachments

• s6100086.JPG
    s6100086.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 61
It's a very clever idea, that's for sure! My cats just don't like the enclosed boxes. Your cats must love you very much, because they have chosen to co-operate with you! LOL We all know cats do what they want anyway! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.