Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater Problem.

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater Problem.

I have a Pentair Minimax CH, 200m natural gas heater. Pilot stays lit but sometimes the burners won't fire up and sometimes it does so it is intermitent. Wires all seem tight on terminals, I've been told to replace the pressure switch....Any thoughts or suggestions??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heater Problem.

Sounds like the pressure switch. Easy to test just jump the pressure switch and see if it fires up then you know to go get a new one.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair minimax ch Heater Problem.

same problem, same heater; haven't had anyone out to look at it yet; I cleaned off the terminals of the pressure switch after reading this post, and tried to fire it luck. Frustrated, so, like in the movie Armageddon (the cosmonaut, remember) I wacked the pressure switch with the handle of the screw driver and abracadabra, the thing fires up! I came back a couple of hours later, and it was not working. Gently tapped the pressure switch, and it fires on again. Does it sound like my problem and I should replace?