Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safe Chlorine levels

1. Back To Top    #1

Safe Chlorine levels

Hi there! I just shocked my pool, and I was wondering how low I have to let the chlorine level to drop before I can let people back in the pool. Using the pool calculator, my Cya is at 45 which puts my ideal chlorine range between 4-8. The shock level for the pool is 16. I told my wife and kid that we have to wait until the chlorine gets down to 8 which could take 3-4 days at the rate we loose chlorine. We have some hot days coming up, so I was just curious if I could let them in any sooner?

Thanks!
    30 foot round AGP (25k gal), 2.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Diver Dan pool vac, TF-100 Test kit
    -It takes less time to do things right then it does to do it again.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safe Chlorine levels

The general consensus around here is that anything below shock level is fine. If the pool is clear, I'd swim at 15 and below.
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Me too.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

You guys are the best! Thanks a lot!
    30 foot round AGP (25k gal), 2.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Diver Dan pool vac, TF-100 Test kit
    -It takes less time to do things right then it does to do it again.