Question About Adding Baking Soda & Borax

It can be clearer....I can see the bottom and sides now but there is still a slight haze. I thought maybe it just needs to filter more???? I posted pics a few minutes ago in Show off your Swimming Pool / Spa / Backyard Kitchen
Titled "Thanks to TFP I went from a POND to Crystal Clear"

I saw those. They were impressive.

I think you should shock at least every evening until you get your new kit and can run the overnight chlorine loss test. That way we're sure you're done shocking. Then we're not taking the chance that something will pop back up on you and you have to start all over.

WOW! Went to check the pool this morning..I kept it at shock level again last evening and vacuumed and the water is crystal clear this morning! Chlorine is still showing around between 3 and 10 ppm and free chlorine is still showing darkest purple at 20 ppm...the kids are wanting to swim today! I think that chlorine is still too high to swim, what do you think?

Good Morning, Tbell,

I looked back over your thread and could not find a CYA test result (I'm sure I overlooked it).

Anyway, If you have any CYA in your pool at all, please GO SWIMMING! The CYA will buffer that FC down to where it is perfectly safe and the kids can enjoy the pool in this scorching weather.

Good Morning Dave, The High FC level won't hurt to swim in? I do have CYA...thinking it is probably around 60 ppm right now maybe even 50. I am just dying to put my wedding cake steps in as they are still sitting on the deck. We are all so ready to take a dip! I couldn't believe the water was so clear this morning. No haze at all..it is Crystal Clear! Thanks again! Looking forward to my test kit!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I posted a couple of pics in the "Show off your pool" thread of the kids in our clean pool today. I haven't gotten to get in yet because I did all the grilling. I plan to get my torches back up around the pool this afternoon and go swimming tonight when there isn't so much splashing! LOL! Thanks again for all the help! :)