Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue Feet - New Diamond Brite

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue Feet - New Diamond Brite

We have been swimming in our new pool for about a week now. We used a Midnight Blue Diamond Brite finish. Is it typical for the first couple weeks (I hope that's it) for your feet and hands to get some blue color on them from rubbing on the walls and/or bottom of the pool?
    24,000 gal free form with slide feature
    3.5ft to 5.5ft Sport Pool
    Midnight Blue Diamond Brite
    Intellichlor IC-40
    Intelliflow VS-3050
    Easy Touch 4
    Clean and Clear Cartridge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue Feet - New Diamond Brite

I can't answer your question but it is always nice to see another UVA fan around!

27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Blue Feet - New Diamond Brite

Hmmmm, coming out looking like a Smurf, huh

I would contact Diamond Brite (or your applicator). PebbleTec had the same problem many years ago (they re-did all of the pools, 'cuz that is how PebbleTec does things! While I do not represent them, so I am not "selling" them, they are an amazing company!) when the color was coming off the "blue stones" and doing exactly the same thing. Sounds like somebody else got a bad batch of material also, but it has been seen before.

Sorry to hear that If it the same as the P-Tec issue, then it will continue (until all the blue is gone anyway). I would make the call and get it resolved, as they should, without giving you any guff.