Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tbell

1. Back To Top    #1

Tbell

Good Morning to all and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's! I am new here and just wanted to say Hello. I just opened my pool last Sunday to find a green pond tadpoles and all. After a week of cleaning it up I am now in the process of draining half and refilling due to too much CYA. Your forums have been a great help as I would have never known you could have too much CYA and get a false reading if I hadn't been lurking on this site. So thank you !
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tbell

Welcome to TFP! We are happy that you have found the site so helpful.

3. Back To Top    #3

It has been very helpful! I have been using Baking Soda and Borax (Haven't really needed Borax) for the last 2 years. I want to go to Bleach as well and tried it but couldn't figure out how much to use in my pool. I am searching through topics now to find out.
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Tbell
    It has been very helpful! I have been using Baking Soda and Borax (Haven't really needed Borax) for the last 2 years. I want to go to Bleach as well and tried it but couldn't figure out how much to use in my pool. I am searching through topics now to find out.
    It's quite easy really. Have you seen the pool calculator? There is a link to it in my sig line. Bookmark it on your computer. Calculate your gallons if you haven't already, and then enter your gallons into the box at the top of the calc page. Then you can start entering the values for your test results and determine what you want your FC to be based on the Chlorine CYA Chart. Put the FC you have in the box on the left and the FC you want in the box on the right. Then, the amount of bleach (or whatever else you have chosen to chlorinate with) will appear. You add exactly that amount. You're done!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks , I will wait until the pool is filled and get test readings. I am only using the aqua chem 6 way test strips from WM...I know...I need a better test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Check out the Test Kit Comparison page. This will help you decide on a kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

I did a search for the TF-100 and couldn't find it on the web. I did however find the K-2006...does this test everything?

8. Back To Top    #8

Never mind...I just found it. Thanks so much for the help. It's greatly appreciated.