McDonough, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just a quick HI to everyone on the board. I have been using the BBB method for 2 1/2 years with no worries. Before that, it was a every year battle with alge and the pool store telling me to spend, spend, spend. Funny, one year I actually spent more money on chemicals than the pool cost. I have had Intex pools for the past 7 years and hopefully will upgrade to a 24' AGP next year. That is the reason for such a large filter on the pool. I think of it as my Chevy Vega with a 454 under the hood!

Bill

Hola, Bill from Ola! Welcome to TFP!!

As I think Kevin was trying to point out, the pump is WAY! oversized for your pools' need.

However, if it works for you now, keep doing as you have been - you sound like you've got a good grip on the pool :goodjob:

We're here to bounce questions off :cool:

I backwashed yesterday for the first time and it dropped the level a few inches. The only reason I did that is because my psi has only gone up 2psi. I wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong. I am planing on upgrading my pool next year and I wanted to make sure I had enough pump. I had to purchase something quick because the old Intex pumped failed on Sat afternoon and I was going out of town that week.