Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from Ola

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from Ola

Just a quick HI to everyone on the board. I have been using the BBB method for 2 1/2 years with no worries. Before that, it was a every year battle with alge and the pool store telling me to spend, spend, spend. Funny, one year I actually spent more money on chemicals than the pool cost. I have had Intex pools for the past 7 years and hopefully will upgrade to a 24' AGP next year. That is the reason for such a large filter on the pool. I think of it as my Chevy Vega with a 454 under the hood!

Bill
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Greetings from Ola

when you backwash your pool with such a large filter, how much does your water level drop?
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Hola, Bill from Ola! Welcome to TFP!!

As I think Kevin was trying to point out, the pump is WAY! oversized for your pools' need.

However, if it works for you now, keep doing as you have been - you sound like you've got a good grip on the pool

We're here to bounce questions off
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

I backwashed yesterday for the first time and it dropped the level a few inches. The only reason I did that is because my psi has only gone up 2psi. I wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong. I am planing on upgrading my pool next year and I wanted to make sure I had enough pump. I had to purchase something quick because the old Intex pumped failed on Sat afternoon and I was going out of town that week.
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia