We have an inground salt water pool. The SWG is set at 40%, chlorine is reading 1ppm and the water is clear. ph 7.4.
Our problem however is that there is a slime build up on the cartridges. Water pressure will slowly decrease and we have to take the cartridges out to power hose them clean.
Our pool co. recommended that we shock the pool (40l liquid chlorine) and use an aligicide. Then soak all the toys, equipment in the pool, brush down the walls, etc.
Three days later, the pressure is rising which means the slime is back.
Any advice would be appreciated.