Safe to Swim After Adding Zappit 73?

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
This may not be the proper discussion area for this question, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. I added 8 oz of Super Zappit 73 to my 17,000 gallon pool, left the house to visit my dad, and found out that my wife let the kids in the pool while I was gone (she didn't know I added the Zappit). It was dark when I added it, and the filter was running. She apparently let them in the pool about 20 minutes after I put the chlorine in -- she let them in around 10:30 pm, and they swam for about 45 mins. We previously added about 8 oz of Zappit about 3 days ago. I can't find recommendations anywhere, but would be it be harmful in this one instance for the kids to have entered the pool so soon after adding the Zappit?

We live in Houston, and the water temp is about 90.

Thanks!

trclac said:
Thanks. This is only our second year with a pool, so I'm very paranoid when it comes to the kids swimming after putting chemicals in. In this case, we made them take a long shower. :lol:

:goodjob:

It's better to be safe than sorry. My DH won't even let me put in calcium chloride when the dogs are swimming. BTW Happy Fathers Day. :wave:

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.