Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Just checked pool water after a hot one today and about 4 swimmers.

Pool Water Temp = 94
FC = 2.5
CC = 0
TC = 2.5
TA = 90
CH = 160
CYA = 40 Need to adjust this
PH = around 7.5
Borates = 50
Salt = 3400

Calculator says CSI = -0.33

Seems like Borates added to pool is a major help keeping PH from rising than not having it. Using a lot less MA this year.
Any Suggestions?

In no way bragging, just getting familiar to using TF100 kit and doing my own testing. Trying to learn from the pros here, which have been helping me out a lot.

kp,

Rig yourself up an aerator (fountain) and start to cool that pool. Get that water down around 84-88 and it'll be a lot more refreshing....for most of us, anyway. Nice work on your test results. :lol:

No, your jet won't get the water into the air high enough, long enough, or in small enough droplets to cool.

aeration will not have much effect on your pH if it's already up around 7.4 or a little higher.

Will have to try that out. Can you buy something for this to work with an above ground pool?

Can you buy something for this to work with an above ground pool?
Yeah, I think you can buy a floating fountain.....don't know the price.

Search "cheap pool cooler" and you will find a thread where several of us have done homemade ones....mine cost about $4.00 and an hour or so labor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.