Hayward Return gasket orientation

DP

May 26, 2010
high folks, I spent quite a bit of time searching the forum for this answer, but I did not find it, so sorry if this has been covered. My delema is that I am putting a new liner in tomorrow morning and I dont have much time for an answer. I even googled and came up short.

I have an above ground pool and a new Hayward return fitting. The fitting has 2 rubber gaskets and 1 cork gasket. I have no idea what the correct orientation is for this fitting? 1 rubber in the pool, then 1 rubber outside against the pool then the cork between the rubber and locknut?

I hope I get a response within the next 14 hrs,,, or I will be guessing,,, thanks all

Thats an interesting config,,, from the outside, you have locknut, cork gasket, pool wall,,, then you go to the inside which goes pool wall, rubber gasket, liner, rubber gasket,,, anybody else? seems odd to me to have a rubber gasket against the pool wall with the liner sanwiched between 2 rubber gaskets,,, but hey ,, what do I know,,, thats why im asking lol

Thanks,,, 2hrs till lift off if anyone else has another opinion. Odd thing to me is,,, when they originally put the pool in, they never put that rubber gasket between the liner and pool wall,, they had a rubber one in the pool and the cork and rubber were on the outside with the lock nut,,, maybe they did it wrong also? Who knows,,,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.