Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: wanting some advice

1. Back To Top    #1

wanting some advice

Hello all im new here. just want to ask you to look at my pool numbers and tell me what you think, im having a problem with cloudy water. FC3 PH7.2 TA120 CC1. im using trichlor so im not for sure what my CYA is it is afresh fill this year pool benn runing for about 3 weeks. im not sure how to get my water crystal clear i need help please.
    AG 18x33 15700 gal 1hp 22" sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: wanting some advice

Welcome to TFP!

Your CC is > 0.5 and so you need to shock your pool. Please read Shocking Your Pool for information on how to go about this.

It's important to be able to test the water accurately. Dependable test results are the only way that you will ever be able to take control of your pool. There are a couple of kits out there worth mentioning, these ebing the Taylor K-2006 and the TF-100. The TF-100 is the better buy. You can look at the Test Kit Comparison page to see the differences.

Have you started reading Pool School yet? These is some very valuable information there.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks i have a taylor kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mithorr123
    Thanks i have a taylor kit
    But which one? If it doesn't use the powder and drops, you won't be able to read the FC high enough to shock properly. The K-2005 has almost everything the same as the preferred K-2006. You can buy just the chlorine kit online.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

oops sorry for that. i have a k 1004 kit but my next door neighbor has a k 2006 kit he came over lastnight,and did some test for me cya is 5 shocked the pool to 10 ppm i use bleach for shocking. and im using trychlor pucks to get rid of them. then im going BBB all the way. thanks for all the help

6. Back To Top    #6

hey all just checked my tap water, fc .5 ph 7.2 and ta 320 checked the ta twice so it looks like when i have to ad water will have to watch the ta. checked the pool water fc 4 cc1 ph 7.5 ta 110 going to put it back up to shock lvl and keep shocking. and thanks again for the help