Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about Hayward 4025 parts

1. Back To Top    #1
    Western Piedmont, NC

Question about Hayward 4025 parts

I am getting a good bit of debris (grit and dirt) in the pool from the returns, so I figured it might be time to replace my cartridges. I took the filter apart and I noticed that the clear tube that comes up from the bottom collector manifold has a little rubber piece fit onto the top of it, with a very fine mesh screen around it. The screen is coming off and there was a lot of dirt/bugs/etc. up inside the rubber piece.

So...I ordered that part (#12 on the drawing; the a/b/c/d is for the different size filters) thinking this piece would be part of the hose - since its not shown separately on this parts list - but what I got was just the hose.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know what this part is, or a part number?

2. Could this be contributing to my filtration problems, or should I not even worry about it?

If I can't find the part I guess I could try to glue the screen back - it looks like it was originally glued and the glue has given out. The filter will be three years old this year.

Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Question about Hayward 4025 parts

I found this page with almost an identical parts blow up. It looks like you may need part #24. You can also call and confirm that #24 is an air bleed screen before you order one.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!