Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pentair LED light Stuck on RED

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pentair LED light Stuck on RED

I just had two new Pentair LED intellibrite color changing lights installed about a month ago. All was working well till last night when one of the lights rotated to red. It's now stuck on Red and wont cycle or sync with the other light - no matter what mode I try and put it in. I've shut the breaker off in the hopes it would reset the light - but no luck so far.

I have a call into Pentair but they didnt have any info to help - sometime next week they'll contact me with addition info (so I'm told).

Anyone every experienced this problem before? Any insight?

Thanks......

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pentair LED light Stuck on RED

Welcome to TFP.

Sorry, I don't have any info. Bummer, that it's stuck on red. I think the red is really ugly; at least on mine it is. Hope you get a resolution. Please keep us updated.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome, and yes - the red is not very attractive..

4. Back To Top    #4

Just an update - there is no reset on these lights, not even removing the power source. We're getting the light replaced tomorrow...

5. Back To Top    #5

Pete, thanks for the update.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Update to my update... So to speak..

The Pentair rep came out not to replace the light like we were lead to beleive but to get the serial number (which I could have given him) so he can call Pentair (redundant I thought) to see if they WANT to replace the light.. Hmm, the light is only 40 days old..

It would seem that the Pentair rep could figure out the light is not working appropriately and just replace the light!

Moral I guess is we will not buy Pentair again with the service we've received so far..

7. Back To Top    #7

Sorry to hear that.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

Who installed them? If a pool builder/company did it, they should make good on it and let them deal with Pentair.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

It was a pool builder, and he is trying to make good - having called the Pentair guy to replace the light. Its the Pentair guy that is being difficult now..

10. Back To Top    #10

My point is, the builder should be the one to change it out. You should not even have to deal with pentair. When my hayward light went out after 18 months, my builder sent 2 guys out the next day and swapped it out, end of story. The builder dealt with the rep, not me. Thats what should happen here.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

11. Back To Top    #11

Lights are warranted for one year. You really shouldn't be getting any guff for this, and it should just be replaced. The pool builder might want to just do it for you and handle the rest behind the scenes.

12. Back To Top    #12

Seems to me the builder doesn't want to lay out money and get it sorted with Pentair later like BK's did.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

13. Back To Top    #13

The lights, if he bought all Pentair gear, 3 year warranty.

At 40 days, that's a DOA/Infant Mortality failure.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    The lights, if he bought all Pentair gear, 3 year warranty.

Scott
    If three or more pieces, 3 years. But even if only the light(s), it should be one year.

I know I would just replace it after 40 days and go from there (as I'm sure you would also). Something just doesn't sound quite right here to me.

15. Back To Top    #15

Got the word this morning from the Pentair guy - 'good news' they told me - and are going to replace it tomorrow.. Like there could be any other news - lol

Anyway Thanks for all the input all - I'm kinda suprised there is not a way to reset these lights ( or atleast no one will spill the beans if there is away)..

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm not familiar with the Pentair LEDs. I have the ColorSplash. There are several functions, including reset, by how many seconds you turn it off and then on again. Do you have the manual? Surely Pentair, a leader in the industry, would build that function into their lights????

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine