Vinyl liner issue

Jul 16, 2007
Indiana
I noticed yesterday that my liner is coming loose and wrinkling in two areas around the light. Both of the areas that are doing this are about 4" each on opposite sides of the light. I don't know when this ocurred or how long it's been like this.

I had to do a complete drain last year, I am wondering if it didn't get re-set good around the light?? Could the liner look like this after water being replaced if it wasn't pressed back around the light during the fill?

I am now concerned that this may be the first sign my liner is loosing it's elasticity, it's only 4 years old and I've always maintained my chemistry very well. It seems like a liner should last longer than that.

This is my first year using bleach and muratic acid, my wife is going to blame that, and I can't refute it, have I made a mess of the lliner myself somehow?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

It's difficult, if not impossible to get major wrinkles after you fill the pool. The most likely scenario is they occurred during the refill.

It's also possible that you've gotten ground water behind your liner at some point that would allow the wrinkles.

Because it has occurred around the light, I would almost surely bet on that during refill.

If your wife blames the bleach and muriatic, she should join the forum. That possibility is remote to non-existant.

Thanks for the quick reply Dave.

After all the reading I did at "thepoolforum" I was confident to use BBB, it bothered me that I couldn't join and ask questions, I'm so glad I found this site!

I'm just going to have to keep an eye on the wrinkles, thanks again, Dennis :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.