Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Borates question

1. Back To Top    #1

Borates question

I added some more borax and acid to increase my borates from 30 to 50. My question is, how long should I wait before swimming again?

thanks
    14,275 gallon inground ~ Pentair Cartridge cc200 ~ Pebbletec Tahoe Blue ~ SWG Intellichlor IC40 ~ Pentair Whisper 2hp ~ Taylor FAS-DPD Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Borates question

Not sure how much more you added but I think Jason told me 4 hours should be long enough after adding all of mine.

Found it per Jason
    You can swim if the FC and PH levels are reasonable and the water is clear. If you are adding borates with borax and acid, they will probably throw off the PH for a few hours. It is best to give the borax and acid four hours to mix without swimming and then double check the PH before getting in. If you are adding borates with boric acid, you only need to wait about 15 minutes before swimming.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Borates question

Thanks.
    14,275 gallon inground ~ Pentair Cartridge cc200 ~ Pebbletec Tahoe Blue ~ SWG Intellichlor IC40 ~ Pentair Whisper 2hp ~ Taylor FAS-DPD Test Kit