Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filtration

1. Back To Top    #1

Filtration

I'm a little confused about the filtration process. I'm needing to run the fountain at night because the pool temp is already at 96 degrees. Is running the fountain considered part of the pump time or do I still need to run the pump another 10-12 hrs. without the fountain? I do add my chlorine at night. Thanks for any help.
    I have an AG pool started in the summer of '04 using the Nature 2 cartridge. It is 27' round about 19k gallons. We use a sand filter--cpm 19 with an 1.5 hp pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filtration

If your fountian circulation is going through the filter it counts as pump time. Having a return open as well would provide better circulation/ filtering.
    coloeb,
    20k gal. IG fiberglass/plaster rectangle 32'x16'
    Hayward Superpump 3/4 H.P. primary Hayward model 5060 Booster Pump
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter
    Pentair Model 320 automatic Chlorine/bromine in-line feeder

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks I kinda thought so. Still thinking like we have an automatic feeder that is constantly putting chlorine in while pump is on. Something that is bugging me is how is it when you add the bleach at night you can check it in 30 minutes when it takes 12 hours for all the water to turn over in our 19,000 gal pool?
    I have an AG pool started in the summer of '04 using the Nature 2 cartridge. It is 27' round about 19k gallons. We use a sand filter--cpm 19 with an 1.5 hp pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Even though it may take your pump 12 hours to move 19K gallons, there is a lot of water moving around in the pool itself, which disperses the bleach quickly.
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons