Constant Vaccuming

bluskyguy

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Charlotte NC
Im the guy with alot of trees (mainly tall pines) around my pool.I started a topic about tiny debris being able to
get through my skimmer basket and pump basket. I used a knee high in my skimmer for about a week and it seemed
to work fine,when checked often.Its a little difficult cleaning and cannot rely on wife and kids to clean while Im
away because they dont like all the bugs getting caught in the hoseiry. ANYWAY... my question is, is it normal
to constantly have debris in the bottom of my pool the day after I vacuum? it appears to be coming out of my
filter and not something that just falls to the surface and sinks. Thanx

I guess that would work,but It takes hours for this to occur. is it possible this stuff is able to make its way
completely through the filter? If so does this mean my filter sand would need to be changed? It hasnt even seen
two full seasons yet.

We get fresh debris in the pool most days, but not every day.

If you tie a stocking over the return, you can leave it for hours or days and then check it to see if anything is getting through the filter (hopefully not).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.