Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 in sweden?

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 in sweden?

Hi new member here looking to get my hands on a TF100 test kit. I have been an Intex user for about 8 years and as I can't find any reliable test kits around here (always end up with 3 or 4 sets/year to compare between), I finally found this forum where everyone recommends the TF100.

I have been to the site selling them but it seems the kits cannot be shipped to Sweden.
    Anybody have any advice to what kit I could buy around here that's comparable to the TF100?

All my local pool stores seems to only carry test strip kind of kits and I'm not happy with any of them. One kit that seems to be consistent is a DPD and Phenol red tablet tester but with that I can only see pH and FC.

Thankful for any advice!

regards,
    Pasi
    15' 42" Intex SF AGP
    Swim-fun Sand Filter
    El Nino Solar Panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF100 in sweden?

The TF-100 can be shipped to Sweden, though the shipping charges are higher and you may need to pay import duties. You will need to contact them directly if you want to arrange overseas shipping.

Palintest makes some fairly good digital testers that are available in most of Europe. I expect that they are probably available in Sweden. They aren't quite as good as the TF-100 in several ways, but they are alright.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Pasi,

indeed it is not easy getting a reliable test kits over Europe.

While I was looking for the K-2006 that has a FAS-DPD for F/TC, I was only able to get a Taylor K-2005 but I'm very satisfied with it.
    I've got it from ebay, the seller I've used does not have it anymore but I've found the following one:

http://cgi.ebay.it/Taylor-K-2005-Com...item335a8eeceb

There is also a large version (same tests, bigger size)

http://cgi.ebay.it/Taylor-K-2005C-Co...item563a0d13a9

Hope it helps

Giorgio
    33x15 (17000 gallons) feet http://www.flickr.com/photos/4312999...7622362656171/
    Magiline Magiclassic http://www.swimming-pools-magiline.com/
    SWG Compu-Pool CPSC-36 http://www.compupool.com.au/product/..._cleaning.html
    PH Control through Muriatic Acid

4. Back To Top    #4

The Palintest SP 315C is very much like the Taylor K-2005 test kit so is great except for the chlorine test. There is a separate Palintest FAS-DPD SP 300, but this looks like it might only be available in the U.S.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys for all the suggestions! I'll have a look at the available kits to see which one to get.
    15' 42" Intex SF AGP
    Swim-fun Sand Filter
    El Nino Solar Panels

6. Back To Top    #6

Also look into Lovibond.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm using Lovibond tabs to test my water for FC and pH.
    Unfortunately TF kits can't be sent to Sweden at reasonable shipping charges as they would be higher than the kit itself.

Hopefully I'll find something more comprehensive than the strips around here...

Thanks for the ideas so far, still looking.

regards,

Pasi
    15' 42" Intex SF AGP
    Swim-fun Sand Filter
    El Nino Solar Panels

8. Back To Top    #8

What if I bought a SWG? Would I just need to test FC and pH to be on track then?
    15' 42" Intex SF AGP
    Swim-fun Sand Filter
    El Nino Solar Panels

9. Back To Top    #9

No, if you get a SWG, you would still need to test all the parameters.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

10. Back To Top    #10

Well, for a vinyl pool where you know your fill water isn't high in Calcium Hardness (CH), you can probably get away with not testing that particular parameter. Everything else (FC, CC, pH, TA, CYA) would still need to be tested. For a plaster pool, CH would most definitely need to be tested.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"