Chlorine rise overnight?

jccams

May 22, 2010
Dexter, MI
I wanted to do the loss test again just to make sure all was good. I checked my FC after sundown and had FC of 7 so I added 182 oz 6% which should have raised the FC to about 10.5 according to the pool calc. I checked an hour after adding and FC was at 10.5, perfect. I asked my wife to check this morning before sunrise and she gets 13, what gives. Is an hour not long enough to circulate after my addition last night? Pumps were running for an hour prior to test this morning too. She did use 10ml of water and 2 scoops of powder as I do.

On your pool configuration an hour may not be enough. Do you have anything adding chlorine to the pool automatically that you forgot to turn off?

To prove whether an hour is enough, add chlorine to the pool and test in 1 hour or half hour intervals until the FC levels out or starts to drop. That'll tell you how long it takes for your pool.

No SWG and the inline feeder has not had a cartridge in it since I started BBB 3 weeks ago. Guess I'll have to do more investigating, the FC of 7 did seem a little low to me which is why I wanted to do the loss test. Typically I get 8-8.5 so the error might have been mine, but I'll tell the wife she must have miscounted. I also like the idea of a chlorine fairy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.