Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Read my pool blog

1. Back To Top    #1

Read my pool blog

My pool has been GREEN for 3 weeks! Read my blog. It might help someone!

http://swimmingpoolblues888.blogspot.com

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Read my pool blog

You need to go to Pool School (Top right hand side of this page)! Then you can blog about TFP and how it saved you a bunch of money and how nice your pool looks

Get a good test kit, read Pool School, quit going to the pool store and take control of your pool yourself. You'll be glad you did, and the money you spend on the test kit will allow you to save money by not buying all those crazy potions the pool store keeps selling you

3. Back To Top    #3

But the pool company is telling me that the other brands will ruin my pool! I am so confused!

4. Back To Top    #4

If you're willing to substitute time for money, TFP can have you swimming in a sparkling pool which will be the envy of the neighborhood by Fourth of July.

First, go order a TF100XL test kit. Best buy there is. May as well add a speedstir, too.

Second, read Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis.

While waiting for the test kit, read Pool School.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't be confused, and don't listen to the pool store! The folks on here are not out to sell you anything; they are only here to help! There is no agenda, and they will not steer you wrong. Read Pool School, get the test kit (and SpeedStir, like Richard said!) and take the time to really learn how to take responsibility for your pool.

You found the 'page, which is the first step! Now, go forward boldly and conquer

6. Back To Top    #6

I just ordered the test kit! Now, what is a speedstir and where do I get one? Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavu2
    I just ordered the test kit! Now, what is a speedstir and where do I get one? Thanks for all your suggestions!!!
    http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magneti ... r-p56.html

Shoot 'em an email, they'll be able to combine the orders and save some $$ on shipping.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks, Richard!! I just emailed them to add a speedstir to my order.

If you have any other advise, please let me know. I've been so aggravated with that pool!

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow- you've been what we refer to around here as "pool stored". Read Pool School. No seriously, read it. Then read it again. And again if necessary. All that algeacide is worthless without some FC which you never have any of. I looked at the pictures, they aren't that bad. My pool looks like that every spring and I have it crystal clear in a week.

And quite buying Strike Out. You can buy ALOT of bleach at Wal Mart for $25.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.
    Usually filled with 3 kids, the wife, and occasionally the dog.