Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any information on this sand filter??

1. Back To Top    #1

Any information on this sand filter??

Ok so i have searched and searched cant find no info but i need a spider gasket for it and probably a whole lot more cause it is old...I'm new to the whole pool world and the filter was gave to me and the pool is up now but i cant backwash the pump till i get that i will plug for now but def. need help...Been reading the forum for weeks Lots of good info and i will def. be ordering the tf 100
    On the side it says Super Sand II filter model #167.410192
    18' x 4' intex pool, 7600 gallons, 2500 GPH intex pump with sand filter...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any information on this sand filter??

That is a Sears part number. I went to searspartsdirect.com and entered the number and got a hit for a filter and multiport. They don't have parts, but it's no doubt a Hayward multiport. My bet is you can take it in to a pool store and they can match it, especially if you tell them to look at Hayward.

Oh yeah!, Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

So just take my spider gasket out and take to pool store?? WHat about o rings and the spring??
    EDith yeah before i buy alot of stuff for this filter will my 2500 GPH intex pump be alright to use with this???

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPool
    So just take my spider gasket out and take to pool store?? WHat about o rings and the spring??
    EDith yeah before i buy alot of stuff for this filter will my 2500 GPH intex pump be alright to use with this???

Funny you ask about the intex pump.

The answer is YES

I used mine as a backup when my main pool pump wet end failed and it worked out well.

FYI...it wasn't the Waterway pump that failed, it was a Chinese one.

Lesson learned, go with something that is made here in the USA and you can get parts for it.
    Intex 15' X 48" metal frame pool
    Waterway Supreme 1hp 2 Speed pump
    Hayward X-Stream 150 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter
    2-2'x20' Sungrabber Solar Panels hooked up in parallel on a Goldline GL-235 controller.

Not getting "Pool Stored" = Priceless!!!
    Thank you TFP

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah if i have to replace any of it it will be USA Equipment but the pool (intex 18 x 48 metal frame) ,Pump, Hoses, and sand filter was all gave to me....The sand filter came from a differnt source is why i was asking...I thought who would give all this stuff away right as summer was hitting but i sure do appreciate it...

6. Back To Top    #6

Bama...I have a question? Do you by any chance have the manual for that sand filter? I have the same one and the pump is squirting water out the wrong side and draining my pool instead of filtering it. I really need help on this one. Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

The most common will be a Hayward SP710 MPV gasket, or it could be the 714 MPV then you will need to replace the key stem assembly as the gasket is built into it.

8. Back To Top    #8

OK so I finally made it back around here and found some time to work on the pump I know 2 options have been giving for the gasket but I'm trying to narrow it down so I can order it so here is some pics of it apart...The other gasket was completely gone..

9. Back To Top    #9

That reminds me of the Hayward Vari-Flo valves from the late 70s early 80s, see for example this parts list. Maybe the SP0710X side mount series? But it is really difficult to be sure, there were lots of variations.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

I guess i will take the top and a picture so maybe they can try to find a gasket that will work...I just hate to go to the pool store...

11. Back To Top    #11

Carefully measure the OD and the ID and try to match it with one of the 5 spoke gaskets here:
    http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_multipo ... askets.htm
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

12. Back To Top    #12

Well I just left the pool store and a big no go on the gasket she only carried 3 kind of hayward gaskets and it was none of them so I guess i will be measuring....I really hate pool stores...They was trying to sale me a whole filter and stuff that I didn't need...

13. Back To Top    #13

Ok I ordered the gasket to fix the above pump..Then after i ordered it I went and got this hayward pump out of the barn hooked it up for the meantime but it is on its last leg also so again I need information for this filter cause the model number is gone on it also.. Maybe one day i will buy some new equipment to work with..

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks like a Hayward pro series sand filter with a top mount vari flow valve.

Take some careful measurements of the width and height of the filter (not including the valve) and compare to the specifications in the link below
    http://www.poolcenter.com/hayward-pro-s ... ochure.pdf

What specific parts are you looking to replace?
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

15. Back To Top    #15

Well when I first hooked it up I thought every gasket in it needed replacing...I let it run for about 5 minutes water was spewing from everywhere and then all of a sudden it stopped and it has been working perfect...So i will just let it be until i get the parts for the other filter and get it running....So when the spider gasket comes in do you all have any advice putting it in??gluing??

16. Back To Top    #16

Click on the link below for some advice:

http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_ ... valve.aspx

Here is a youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNyQZEhwdoE

You can do it
    poolschoolgrad