Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool No Idea What to do

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool No Idea What to do

I have a 12' round 3'6" deep pool. Box says 2270 gals. Only have test strips. Will buy better tester later.

I have read everything in the Pool School and the calculator. Have been at it for hours and I am totally lost.

What do I do first, second, third.....
    Please help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: New Pool No Idea What to do

Get some chlorine in it first and foremost and get the pump circulating it. Then buy some stabilizer to get it up to 30-50 range based on gallons in pool calculator. Then get back to us.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: New Pool No Idea What to do

Welcome to TFP!

Rather than buying stabilizer separately, you might find that you can kill two birds with one stone by using dichlor at first. Dichlor adds both chlorine and stabilizer. These are frequently sold in single use bags and this makes them convenient for this purpose.

Look at the following link. It will tell you just how to go about starting and maintaining this very type of pool.

10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT