Vancouver Wa. Pool Resurrection

Richard Gray

LifeTime Supporter
Hay All,

3 months ago I started to restore a 2000 16' x 32' in ground Vinyl pool that was left empty since 2003. At that time I didn't know a thing about pools. Well yesterday I finished filling the pool and starting up the equipment (except the SWG). Thanks to TFP I feel quite comfortable maintaining this new Pool.

I do have a question about the IC40 SWG. The manual says not to start the SGW until the pool has been filled for 30 days. Anyone know why this is? Sure am looking forward to firing that baby up.

Thanks

Richard Gray said:
...The manual says not to start the SGW until the pool has been filled for 30 days. ...

Check again - this is true for a new/replastered concrete pool, but there's no restriction I could find for a vinyl lined pool.

My manual for the IC-40 has (my text emphasis): "...the pool in which the IECG will be used must have been completed
and filled with water for at least one (1) month (for plaster pools)..."

lbridges,
I can't find your plaster pool referance in my manual.
secound paragraph on page 17 reads:
"Before starting up and operating the IECG, the pool in wich the IECG will be used must have been completed and filled with water for at least one (1) month and the pool salt level must be stable and being maintained at 3,000 to 3,500 ppm."

Are you telling me that I do not have to wait? That would be cool.

Thanks for your responce
:goodjob: