Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 having power issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 having power issues

New booster pump as of 2 months ago so i don't think that's it. The tail whips around, it will roll slowly across the bottom, but it cannot climb walls. I put all new bearings, wheels and tires on a year ago almost to the day.

What is the first thing to check when this happens? The filter screen is clear.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris 280 having power issues

The wheels may not quite be catching the drive shaft as they should or may be worn. The wheels may need a simple adjustment. They can be adjusted by removing the top, locating and loosening the two screws on each axle, and moving them so that the wheels are properly catching the drive axle. Also check that the teeth inside the drive wheels are not worn. I know several pool stores in your area (including mine) offer free in store labor. Definitely take advantage of the free look over these stores offer!

Hope this helps!
    http://www.californiapoolsdirect.com serving Dallas pools since 1953!

3. Back To Top    #3

ok thanks! I'll try to check it out tonight.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure all the internal hoses are on tightly. That's usually the problem when mine loses oomph, a hose popped off or split.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, one of the hoses was off inside. But putting the wheel back on i broke off the plastic screw inside the wheel post. So off to the pool store to get a new one today.