Imagine this.....down to the last minute on plaster. Haha!

Jun 1, 2010
Ok....everyone was a HUGE help on the SWG. Thank you! NOW...our marriage is tested once again! :shock:

We are down to 5 choices:

Wet Edge Pearl Matrix - Mediterranean
Wet Edge Satin Matrix - Antigua
Wet Edge Luna Quartz - Mediterranean
Sunstone Quartz- Midnight Blue
Noble Tile Designer Series - Mediterranean

We have alot of moss rock (wall and small waterfall)...we have some tile (Desert Canyon mastertile with blues and browns in it). We also have Oklahoma Wister Dark flagstone.

I open it up!! Give me some feedback please.

The deck should be poured either tomorrow or Friday so next week they will be ready to do the plaster.

We are going with the Wet Edge Satin Matrix- Antigua. Our thoughts were it was the perfect balance with the small stones for a smoother finish, and not to dark. The problem we ran into was trying to find pictures of the Antigua. It seams like when you do a search you find the same 3 pictures. When are they plastering??

We like the look of the Noble Tile Designer Series Mediterranean, but we like the durability of the Wet Edge Pearl or Satin. My wife likes the Antigua, but you are right...only pictures on their website. Do you think the Antigua has a teal look or is it a deep blue?

I called Wet Edge to spoke with a rep and asked him what his thoughts were. I told him I didn't want any green or gray tones and he assured me that the Antigua was nothing but blue. We have decited on the Antigua but they are not doing our plaster for another 25 days :( When are they shooting your plaster?? I also told Wet Edge that I will send them some pics of our pool when we are done so they can get some different pics on there website.

I guess those are newer samples....he doesn't have either one. We liked what we saw online. Plaster goes in....WEDNESDAY! We wanted a crisp deep blue but not a DARK blue. We have seen three pools online with Antigua and each looks so much different. We are scared it may be a little to light.

Please be aware that the water will not look like the samples you hold in your hand. For example, my pool is a nice Tahoe Blue but the plaster was grey.

The best thing is to go visit some actual pools with a color you are considering. If that is not possible you are stuck choosing from looking at pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure if you are considering Wet Edge Primera but here is black kona from a pool I went to see:

IMG_1005.JPG

Mine's still being built; see "Northern California Build". Not sure what we're going to pick but being in the Sacramento area we have to worry about the water getting too warm also. We're thinking black kona but having them lighten it a bit or we may choose tahoe coast.

Your pool looks great! They are shooting my concrete on Thursday, and I will update the pics on my topic "New pool build........Midlothian, Tx". The rep from Wet Edge called me today and is going to be in Dallas tomorrow. He is checking with several builders to find different Wet Edge pools for me to look at. I will make sure a post any pics I get.

Mine is Pebble Fina (Grigio color). I didn't mention it earlier because you didn't have it on your list.

Sorry but I am a bit ashamed that I don't have any finished pics. You can see a partially filled picture by clicking on the link in my signature. I hope to have completed pics real soon since I have been hard at work on the landscaping.

After going around my area with the Wet Edge rep here are 2 pools we saw:
[attachment=1:3j6708s9]P1000565.JPG[/attachment:3j6708s9]
[attachment=0:3j6708s9]P1000586.JPG[/attachment:3j6708s9]

I have other pics if you want, at the end of the day it was apparent, you cant go wrong with any of these. They are all BEAUTIFUL.

Attachments

• P1000565.JPG
    P1000565.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 811
  • P1000586.JPG
    P1000586.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 803
CLRFXR...

Did you find any pools with Mediterranean Pearl Matrix? I am currently having a pool constructed in the DFW area and I wanted Midnight Ocean but after reading some of the posts, I'm afraid my pool might get too warm. Unfortunately there are not too many 'medium' blue colors. I have tried contacting Wet Edge repeatedly and haven't had any response. I would be interested in seeing more pictures...especially Midnight Blue and Mediterranean.

Thanks.

FirstpoolTX- Unfortunately these were the only 2 pool I got to see. I can get you the info for the Rep that has been helping me. He is out of Houston and comes to Dallas about every 2 weeks, he should be able to hook you up with access to some client pools. How far along is your pool? What part of DFW are you in? I am in Midlothian.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.