Replastering--Too late in season?

coreyoreo

LifeTime Supporter
I'm considering replastering. Understanding it's almost the start of summer, I assume I won't be able to use the pool for several weeks afterwards, which doesn't bother me all that much, as summers here run well into October.

Construction-wise, is there a general rule of thumb regarding the best time of year to do this?

Will replastering in the summer heat have any effect on the quality of the plaster application or curing?

Or should I wait til fall or next spring?

Thanks for any ideas!

P.S. I would have started this project about a month ago, but I didn't have the $$ at the time & didn't know I'd have the $$ now.

Corey

Hey Corey-I'm in "your area" and work for a plaster company (sort of!). If I was coming to your pool, I would tell you to give me a call in the fall at this point. If you can wait, wait. We plaster pools all the time at this time of the year, but you will get a better end product if you can wait until the weather cools and the plaster is not exposed to the heat.

Now if you are considering PebbleTec or similar, that changes the response! It is much tougher than regular plaster and will take the heat much better.

As for waiting to swim, someone is telling you a story! Once the water is in and the pool is balanced (even before, if you are careful and just can't wait to go in!) , jump in! A week at the most is all you would need to wait, and I personally think you can use it much sooner.

PM me if you have questions and want the facts. I don't come to your area, so I have nothing to sell you! I'll just tell you the truth!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.