Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32'x16' Doughboy with partial bury under construction

1. Back To Top    #1

32'x16' Doughboy with partial bury under construction

Construction on our pool began at around 4pm this evening and they made a bunch of progress. Pool specs and pictures are below.

32x16 DoughBoy Autumn Breeze with partial bury (2.5') and 7' deep end
    Pentair DE FNS Plus 48 with Pentair Challenger 1.5 hp.
    Upgrades: Happy bottom, Access wedding cake steps, second return, the larger skimmer, 60' of underground PVC pipes to filter location.
    [attachment=2:1z70vuwr]PICT0008.JPG[/attachment:1z70vuwr]
    [attachment=1:1z70vuwr]PICT0009.JPG[/attachment:1z70vuwr]
    [attachment=0:1z70vuwr]PICT0010.JPG[/attachment:1z70vuwr]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    32x16 DoughBoy Autumn Breeze with partial bury, 7' deep end, happy bottom, and Access wedding cake steps.
    Order placed 6/13/10. Excavation started 6/15. First swim 6/18. Two thumbs up for DoughBoy, Crown Pools, and Mendez Pools and Decks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 32'x16' Doughboy with partial bury under construction

More pictures
    [attachment=2:2iz4slkr]PICT0011.JPG[/attachment:2iz4slkr]
    [attachment=1:2iz4slkr]PICT0012.JPG[/attachment:2iz4slkr]
    [attachment=0:2iz4slkr]PICT0013.JPG[/attachment:2iz4slkr]
    32x16 DoughBoy Autumn Breeze with partial bury, 7' deep end, happy bottom, and Access wedding cake steps.
    Order placed 6/13/10. Excavation started 6/15. First swim 6/18. Two thumbs up for DoughBoy, Crown Pools, and Mendez Pools and Decks.

3. Back To Top    #3

More pics
    [attachment=2:2ui808a2]PICT0015.JPG[/attachment:2ui808a2]
    [attachment=1:2ui808a2]PICT0016.JPG[/attachment:2ui808a2]
    [attachment=0:2ui808a2]PICT0017.JPG[/attachment:2ui808a2]

4. Back To Top    #4

Last set of pics from this evening. I will take and post more tomorrow night.
    [attachment=2:2d2nw0gq]PICT0019.JPG[/attachment:2d2nw0gq]
    [attachment=1:2d2nw0gq]PICT0020.JPG[/attachment:2d2nw0gq]
    [attachment=0:2d2nw0gq]PICT0021.JPG[/attachment:2d2nw0gq]

5. Back To Top    #5

Just went through that myself in a MUCH smaller back yard and a whole lot less level to start!. Lookin' good there.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Agreed a nice level yard is a wonderful starting point!!

That and having dirt you can get through. Mine was nightmare as the pool guy said my dirt was like concrete and I can confirm that since I had dug an 18" deep 50 foot long trench a few days earlier and it was horrible.

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep... the ground was pretty much level for the length of the pool, and only about 6 inches of variance in the width.

Here is the progress through noon today. Note the Intex easy Set pool in the background of some of the pictures. They brought this with them and started filling it this morning. Once they start the liner install on my pool, they will use a pump to transfer the water from the Intex in to my pool, reducing the fill time significantly.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well it appears that the liner is not yet is stock. The installers got as far as they could without the liner this afternoon, and then called it a day (around 2:30). Hopefully the liner will arrive tomorrow and they can get back to work in the afternoon. Below is pics from the rest of today's progress:

9. Back To Top    #9

Boy, it seems everytime someone from Texas puts in a pool they have a HUGE backyard! Can't believe that's all yours! Amazing to have all that space. I love that this pool is building so fast! Can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to put a deck around the pool? That's what I did with my oval, I sank it 2 feet and put a deck around part of it. More pics!!!
    [center:3jp7r7gm]15'x25'x4' Oval Muskin AGP, blue vinyl liner, sunk 2 feet in ground with redwood decking. Approx 10k gallons. Hayward Perflex filter D.E. and Hayward 1.5 hp pump. One return line. Wedding cake stairs. (whew, hopefully that describes the pool!)[/center:3jp7r7gm]

10. Back To Top    #10

Coming along nicely (and quickly) Titus! Looking forward to the end result!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by catchyoulater
    Boy, it seems everytime someone from Texas puts in a pool they have a HUGE backyard! Can't believe that's all yours! Amazing to have all that space. I love that this pool is building so fast! Can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to put a deck around the pool? That's what I did with my oval, I sank it 2 feet and put a deck around part of it. More pics!!!
    Yep... gotta love the one acre lot communities. I will never go back to a postage stamp lot if I can help it! The plan is to do a deck next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Coming along nicely (and quickly) Titus! Looking forward to the end result!
    Thanks Sam... Hopefully you guys can make it out for our 4th of July party and you can see it in person.

12. Back To Top    #12

looking good! You'll be so happy to be swimming soon!
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

13. Back To Top    #13

The liner finally arrived this afternoon, so a crew of 5 showed up at 3:30 to get back to work. 2 guys are working on the happy bottom right now while 2 work on the PVC lines. I can't seem to figure out what the 5th guy's job is, other than hand the occasional bottle of Gatorade to the guys doing the happy bottom. It is currently 97 degrees, so I guess that is a necessity. I will post this afternoon/evening's pictures as soon as they are done for the day.

14. Back To Top    #14

Day 3 Construction pictures:

15. Back To Top    #15

Is it full yet? :P
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Is it full yet? :P
    For the most part, yes! Turned off the hoses about 30 minutes ago at the temp fill line. Once they attach the liner and install the skimmer and lines, we will add another 6-8", but that's it.

17. Back To Top    #17

Man that was quick.

Looks good.

I like how you didn't waste the water and pumped it out of your old Intex into the new pool -- smart move sir!!

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by GCS
    Man that was quick.

Looks good.

I like how you didn't waste the water and pumped it out of your old Intex into the new pool -- smart move sir!!

Greg
    Actually, the installer brought the Intex with him and filled it on day 2. That way they could have the hose running long before the liner was in place, allowing them to continue working without loosing a whole day waiting for it to fill. I thought it was a great idea!

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks for all the pictures - they really show the process well. Beautiful pool - I know you'll enjoy it!
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks Ashbourne! The Filter is running and the backfilling is underway. Pictures should be loaded later this evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast