Quick help on my Hayward please

motv8r

Apr 23, 2010
Hello, I'm draining my pool tonight due to very high CH and CYA readings and I need to know something.

I have a vertical "pro" grid DE filter that, when clean, the individual compartments hold 6-8" of water, even after I've washed them. I'd read something about soaking them in a solution to open the pores, but I can't find it. My computer died and I'm trying to search on my phone, so if you could tell me ASAP I'd appreciate it as my pool is almost drained.

Thank you!!

You can clean the grids extra throughly by first rinsing them off normally, then soak them overnight in a mixture of 1 cup of automatic dishwasher detergent for every 5 gallons of water, finally rinse off again. If you have a history of CH problems or see calcium scale on the girds you can follow all that with a brief soak in a mixture of one part muriatic acid to six parts water, the rinse again and re-assemble the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.