Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just filled pool, what order do I start adding chems?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just filled pool, what order do I start adding chems?

We just finished filling our 24 A/G round pool and want to use the BBB method. Just confused in what order to start adding chems. Can't order the 'nice' tester til the end of the month, have to use aqua chem strips til then. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    24 round AG/13,500 gal/1 hp hayward pump/hayward pro series sand filter w/ 1 year old sand

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just filled pool, what order do I start adding chems?

Could you provide whatever numbers you can get?

3. Back To Top    #3

With my useless test strips, the only thing that registered was @ 6.8 ph & 40 alk
    24 round AG/13,500 gal/1 hp hayward pump/hayward pro series sand filter w/ 1 year old sand

4. Back To Top    #4

I have purchased my 3 B's & stabilizer. It is @ 96 degrees this week and about to have a storm...fun

5. Back To Top    #5

First: add borax to get your pH to 7.4.
    Second: put enough stabilizer in a sock to reach 30 ppm. Dangle it in front of your return.
    Third: add enough bleach to get to 4 ppm. You'll have to replenish this each day.

Are you familiar with the pool calculator? Enter your pool size at the top, and it will tell you how much of each chemical to add in order to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. Yes I have played with the calculator to learn how to use it. I did put the sock in before the rain started, but didn't get a chance to put borax in yet. Maybe the rain won't last too long. I have lots of bleach.