Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool poles that aren't ****?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool poles that aren't ****?

I have a few of those collapsible blue and white poles for my brushes and vac etc. They are absolutely horrible. I bent one of them, and both seem to "lock up", the cams won't loosen when it is time to go back in the closet. Does anyone have a suggestion for one that works?
    17,000 Gallon plaster pool. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE Filter. 3/4 HP Hayward Superpump converted to dual speed. CircuPool RJ45. Skimmer, floor drain, two returns.

2. Back To Top    #2

Indianapolis, IN

Re: Pool poles that aren't ****?

I have the same complaints with my three section collapsible pole. I've been on the lookout for a single or two section pole but haven't found one yet.
    ~9k gal IG fiberglass 3'-6', automatic safety cover, TF100 Test Kit
    1.5" plumbing, pad has 2 in (MD tied into skimmer + dedicated vacuum line) and 1 out (split into 2 returns, 3/4" eyeballs)
    3/4 HP 1.5 SF 2-speed pump with 1 HP impeller, 24" Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC24 SWCG, Jucuzzi Tracker 2X Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Pool poles that aren't ****?

I drilled a few holes on my inner pole at appropriate places and bought a clip at the hardware store for about 45ยข that fits through. I don't have to tighten the nut so hard to keep it from collapsing on me, just enough to keep it from pulling apart on the upstroke. The clip keeps it from sliding in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!