Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Caretaker 99 jets not rotating

1. Back To Top    #1

Caretaker 99 jets not rotating

I recently bought a house which had the caretaker system already installed in the pool and i have been having nothing but problems with it so i finally had to replace the entire housing because of leaking and such but i finally thought i had solved the problems with it. While there is no more leaking only the jets in the shallow end of the pool are rotating is there anything that I can do to fix this problem without calling in the pool guy again? Thanks
    14K IG, TR-60 Sand filter, Old disintegrating plaster, & Challenger Pac-fab 1.5 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Caretaker 99 jets not rotating

Quote Originally Posted by PhelpsJr
    I recently bought a house which had the caretaker system already installed in the pool and i have been having nothing but problems with it so i finally had to replace the entire housing because of leaking and such but i finally thought i had solved the problems with it. While there is no more leaking only the jets in the shallow end of the pool are rotating is there anything that I can do to fix this problem without calling in the pool guy again? Thanks
    I suggest you try swapping the jets from the shallow end (that you know work) with the ones that won’t spin. If they work in the deep end and the ones from the deep end still don’t work you can order replacements online.
    20,000 Gallon kidney sort of a sand filtered gunite in ground pool w/ hot tub.

3. Back To Top    #3

How would i swap them out do i need to drain the pool and fill it back up again?
    14K IG, TR-60 Sand filter, Old disintegrating plaster, & Challenger Pac-fab 1.5 hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

You don't need to drain it; they unscrew with a special tool (pool store may have it). It's an under-the-water-with-goggles operation.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

I thought you only need the tool if you want to stay dry. I can get my (Masterpool) heads out by hand.
    20,000 Gallon kidney sort of a sand filtered gunite in ground pool w/ hot tub.