Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: in ground pool light

1. Back To Top    #1

in ground pool light

i was interested in getting an in ground pool light, one that lights under water. I don't have anything previously installed so i assume i would have to go with something battery operated that would attach to the vinyl or be anchored on the ground. Anyone have any recomendations or suggestions?
    12,500 Gal In Ground Plaster, Zodiac lm2-24 SWG, Cartridge Filter, Attached spa, Waterfall, Phoenix AZ

2. Back To Top    #2
    Midland, Ontario

Re: in ground pool light

I've heard good things about the GlowBuoyâ„¢ Floating Pool Light, there are also kits you can buy that will hang over the edge.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

This is just my recent experience with the Nitelighter NL-55 that is an L shaped bracket that goes over the side (to act as a temporary replacement for a non functioning built in light until the next time the vinyl liner needs to be changed in a couple of years. I bought it online during a memorial day sale, the light came in, I installed it last weekend and it does not work. The seller's policy is not to take returns on defective merchandise instead they referred me to the company that makes it, I go their web page and see the usual Mon-Fri customer service hours, and an online form to fill out to request an RMA#. I fill out the form, get the auto reply saying a customer service rep will be in touch, that was Sunday, this in now Tuesday afternoon, so far no word from them.

P.S. their web site says allow 6-8 weeks for warranty work
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4
    Western Pa.

I bought this light. Have only used it once, so I can't comment on how well it will hold up. But, it worked well the night we used it.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Pool Rover Jr. ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

5. Back To Top    #5

monroe la

Floating pool light - just ok - Didnt do what i thought it would do.. works ok.. i would sell mine in a jiffy if i thought i could get something better... im still searching for a better lite..
    18x41 Zig Zag