Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good price on chlorine and MA in Sacramento

1. Back To Top    #1

Good price on chlorine and MA in Sacramento

I started getting liquid chlorine and muriatic acid from Best Pool Supply (Folsom Blvd, Sacramento).

They have gallons of 12.5% at $3.75 which is about the same as the 6% great value, but if you mention the buy 3 get 1 free deal from their website it is a great deal.

You do have to put a deposit on the bottles and the 4 pack carrier and return them when you are done. I prefer this to throwing a pile of bottles in the recycling.

Gallons of Muriatic Acid are $4.25 for 31.45%...cheaper than you can get in a paint department. Same deal on bottle deposit.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good price on chlorine and MA in Sacramento

I'd love to have a place close to get 12.5%. I talked to the new pool store that recently opened about stocking it and they started into this speel about transporting and storage and so I gave up on it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Lucky me...this place is literally my neighborhood pool store....4 minutes from house.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Good tip. I go to Sage Pools in Elk Grove and get the same type of deal, 4x 12.5% gal refills for $17.25. I had to put down a deposit on the yellow crate, too.
    ~15000 gallon inground, plaster pool
    Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter Tank, Jandy Stealth SHPF 1.5hp pump, Pentair Legend II cleaner
    Leslie's DPD Complete Test Kit, TF Tests FAS-DPD Chlorine Test Kit
    Heliocol solar pool heating (HC-40 x6)