IG pool under construction - spa jet recommendations?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and about to be new to pool ownership as well.
In fact I bought all of my pool equipment yesterday, which enabled me to complete my signature for this group!

Of course it has been a blast watching it all come together.
All of the stone was delivered yesterday, and the stonework will begin tomorrow (walls first - my stone mason
said he wants to begin with the waterline tile which is still a week from being delivered).

Here is a shot of the project in its current state:
67-Day14.jpg

Now for my question: Does anyone have any experience with some of the other options available for spa jets? I'm referring to the rotating jets, or multi-port fittings. We are considering doing something a little different with the 6 spa jets.

I have already learned a lot lurking on this site, and I'm planning on starting right out of the gate with the BBB method.

Thanks!

SF

CLRFXR said:
Your spa looks alot like mine (pool build....Midlothian Tx). We are going with Waterway plastics. You can change them out to what ever style suits you.

I have the same question. Our builder uses waterway too, but since you have to start somewhere, which type is preferred?

Kelly

If you go with the fancier jets, keep in mind that many require 25 GPM per jet which is a total of 150 GPM and probably cannot be handled well with a single pump or a single plumbing loop unless it is 3". There have been too many reports of weak jets on this and other forums because both the plumbing and pump where not properly sized for the jets.

I can't tell what your setup is but it looks like you have only a 1 HP for the jets but 2.5 HP for circulation? You want the larger pump for the jets and the smaller with two speed for circulation. Also, what size plumbing do you have for the jets and is it all on a single loop?

Mark,

The reason I have a 2.5 HP 2-speed pump is because I found TFP too late! :hammer:

It is completely obvious to me now that this pump is WAY too much for my pool.
Also, you were right - the 1.25 HP spa pump I bought does not drive all of the spa jets sufficiently.

So...

I am having the pumps switched out. I will use the 1.25 HP for my main pump, and the 2.5 HP for my spa jets. The only downside
is I spent money on a two-speed pump which I will now likely never use the lower speed.
Still, this seems like a workable solution for me.

The 2 speed pump made for a nice cascade spillover when it was on low speed. When it was on high speed, it was like Niagra Falls.

I'm curious as to what sort of a spillover flow I am going to get out of the 1.25 HP pump - I hope it is more of a gentle cascade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.